Saturday, April 23, 2011

THE SOUND















there's just something so transcendent about hearing Switchfoot play live. even if you were having a bad day, or if you didn't like the person who you went to the concert with, you'd be willing to push that all aside, forget where you were, who you were with, and just drown in the amazing symphony before you.

i got the lucky chance to hear them do their soundchecks (they played a few songs unplayed in the concert just for us) and have a chat with them. it was inspiring, magical, almost. i couldn't stop pinching myself when i also got front-and-center barricade spot, right in front of the amazing Jon Foreman. it was a night that i could previously only dream of- and now it's become true. i couldn't be happier.

the above photos were taken on an Olympus Pen E-PL1. feel free to use them, just give me credit wherever due.

4 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS PHOTOS BB! <3
    Totally reminds me of when I saw them live in NZ last year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jayne :) I know, right. Just looking at them makes me want to go back to Friday and replay it over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaahhhhhhh. Memories...
    Yes, I am stalking your blog, but i've only gotten this far haha. That part where Jon is holding onto the bars with the lights on it, he was about to hold out the microphone for the crowd to sing "On Fire".
    I was behind his microphone with my friend Samuel! :D I don't mean to sound boastful - It just makes me ecstatic haha.
    These are amazing photos by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha i'm sure you and Samuel had fun! :) i love how Jon loves to engage the crowd in his songs and climb all over things and jump into crowds without hesitation (all those poor security guards, lol)

    thank you :)

    ReplyDelete